|Also Known As||Sarah Caroline Olivia Colman|
|Date of Birth||30 January 1974|
|Place of Origin||Norfolk, England, UK|
|Contributions to Broadchurch|
|Role in Broadchurch||Ellie Miller|
|Episodes||Episode 1.1 Episode 1.2 Episode 1.3 Episode 1.4 Episode 1.5 Episode 1.6 Episode 1.7 Episode 1.8 Episode 2.1 Episode 2.2 Episode 2.3 Episode 2.4 Episode 2.5 Episode 2.6 Episode 2.7 Episode 2.8|
Olivia Colman, born Sarah Caroline Colman, is a three time BAFTA award winning actress.
Best known for her starring roles in Broadchurch as DS Ellie Miller, and Tyrannosaur as Hannah, as well as supporting roles in Rev as Alex Smallbone, Peep Show as Sophie Chapman, and Twenty Twelve as Sally Owen.
Critical Reaction to Broadchurch Edit
Colman received critical acclaim for her performance in Broadchurch. It was said that her 'ability to emote will surely bring her a BAFTA after this performance' and that she was an 'acting master class' . Other reviews said 'Colman's raw pained reaction was magnificent' where it was also heralded a highlight of the series  and 'Olivia Colman as Miller confirmed her greatness' . Her role in Broadchurch led to her being compared to actresses such as Dame Helen Mirren  and Dame Judi Dench .
Despite the fact that it was widely reported, even by the production team to the cast members, that nobody knew who the killer was in Series 1 of Broadchurch before the filming of Episode 1.8, it was revealed on The Graham Norton Show that Olivia Colman had known who it was all along but kept her knowledge secret, surprising fellow cast members, including David Tennant, when she revealed that she was in the know the whole time. She apparently had been told who the murderer was during casting but was phoned a hour later to be told that "they weren't going to be doing it like that." Colman even went so far as to join her fellow cast members in taking bets on the suspects to hide this information she had. 
Olivia Colman will return to the show for her third series, alongside co-star, David Tennant.
- ↑ http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/tv-and-radio-reviews/10011343/Broadchurch-final-episode-review.html
- ↑ http://tv.uk.msn.com/what-to-watch/broadchurch-finale-episode-8-reveals-danny-latimers-killer
- ↑ http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/scotland/tv-reviews-broadchurch-the-politician-s-husband-the-wright-way-1-2912238
- ↑ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2300856/Is-Broadchurch-star-Olivia-Colman-new-Helen-Mirren.html
- ↑ http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/10012197/Broadchurchs-Olivia-Colman-is-the-new-Judi-Dench.html
- ↑ http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/107803/Broadchurch-Cast-Not-Told-Identity-Of-Killer-Until-Hours-Before-Finale-Was-Filmed
- ↑ The Graham Norton Show, Series 16, Episode 15 (with Olivia Colman and David Tennant as guests)